Did Amir Change Your Mind About Anything?

It’s easy to make snide remarks like “yes- I do the opposite of what he says.”  And in some respects I agree, but if you do that, this is just going to be taken down. So I’m asking a serious question. Has ASR actually changed your opinion on anything?  For me, I would say 2 things. I am a conservatory-trained musician and I do trust my ears. But ASR has reminded me to double check my opinions on a piece of gear to make sure I’m not imagining improvements. Not to get into double blind testing, but just to keep in mind that the brain can be fooled and make doubly sure that I’m hearing what I think I’m hearing. The second is power conditioning. I went from an expensive box back to my wiremold and I really don’t think I can hear a difference. I think that now that I understand the engineering behind AC use in an audio component, I am not convinced that power conditioning affects the component output. I think. 
So please resist the urge to pile on. I think this could be a worthwhile discussion if that’s possible anymore. I hope it is. 

chayro
Post removed 
Post removed 

I see Amir has created a thread on ASR that there is a 25% off deal on Revel Be products.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/revel-be-series-discounted-by-25.46219/

And what is one brand Amir’s company - Madrona Digital - sells? You guessed it! Revel products. But didn’t Amir say he doesn’t monetize ASR in any way (pssst... let’s ignore memberships and patreon)? Oh, fret not, he doesn’t make any money off that. And trust him, no one calls his business wanting to buy Revel speakers because they focus on custom integration and no one really buys speakers from him. So there’s zero conflict of interest there. Right? Right?

I would laugh, truly, if it weren’t so clearly hypocritical and obvious to anyone with half a brain that Amir espouses behavior that he himself condemns.

Edit: As I said earlier, I don’t begrudge anyone making money as long as they are honest with their audience (or in Amir’s case, honest with themselves). Amir will say he makes a comment on all his reviews that his company sells Revel and that’s all the disclaimer he needs. I agree. But he chastises every single other reviewer who does essentially the same (i.e., advertising, YouTube monetization, affiliate links which are labeled clearly, etc). Amir sells many brands. He is no different than anyone else (who puts a disclaimer on their site or review or otherwise are transparent about monetization). Absolutely no different. He somehow thinks he is, though. That’s scary.

Even more timely:

I see something similar that has happened to his other targets happening right now with some of the headphone guys where Amir, in typical Amir fashion, is going out of his way to subvert their efforts and calling into question not just their measurements but even their integrity. How people don’t see this for what it is, a means to control the narrative in his favor, is truly baffling to me. How Amir chooses to see everyone as a competitor to him rather than letting discussion flow is also baffling. Can’t have anyone favoring another reviewer over Amir now can we?

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/resolves-b-k-5128-headphone-target-you-can-try-the-eqs.43209/page-34

I just shake my head in disbelief at how he continues to behave and show his frail ego so publicly. It’s pathetic and sickening at the same time.

I just shake my head in disbelief at how he continues to behave and show his frail ego so publicly. It’s pathetic and sickening at the same time.

Yup! Spot on. As they say, follow the money. And again as they say,” it’s the money you moron”.