Dickie Betts died earlier today at 80 years of age

I just read where Forest Richard Betts passed away earlier today. Although the article didn’t indicate the cause of death, however at 80 it may have just been natural causes. As we grow older, we are watching the building blocks of the music we have grown up with, fade away. Thankfully we have their recordings and will never really lose them. But Dickie’s contributions will always be treasures and it seems an appropriate time to give a listen to Blue Sky. I wanted to attach the link but it wouldn’t take for some reason. So long to the Midnight Rider.

128x128theo

One of the best guitars players ever.

R.I.P. Dickey and thanks for the tunes!!!

Wore out live at Fillmore many times.  My friends brother took us to see them back then.  Started playing the geetar because of them.  Own 6 Les Paul guitars because of them.  I'll have to break out my Gold Top tonight.  Gary Paul is a friend of mine, Les Paul's grandson. I agree with @garebear - never really took to Trucks playing style but agree he is a fantastic guitar player if that makes sense to anyone but me!  Betts playing and blues style was awesome to me.  Know all of his licks to this day.  I was just thinking about the band and Betts when I heard this.  Sorry I didn't go see him more often.  Fantastic vibrato indeed.

Sad news but he passed the torch to his son. It’s nice to see the siblings carry on. I very much enjoy these records. From Wikipedia;

The Allman Betts Band is an American rock group. Formed in November 2018, it includes the sons of three founding members of the Allman Brothers Band – Devon Allman (son of Gregg Allman), Duane Betts (son of Dickey Betts), and Berry Duane Oakley (son of Berry Oakley).[1][2][3][4] The band plays mostly original songs, with some covers of Allman Brothers songs mixed in. They have toured nationally and internationally,[5][6][7] and have released two albums – Down to the River (2019)[8] and Bless Your Heart (2020).[9]

Always liked Dickey Betts. His guitar and voice talent made him a driving force in the music industry.

He will be remembered and missed.