Denon 3910..What next ?

My 3910 has served me very well. I am getting that upgrade bug and am wondering what to try next that would make spending 1000-1500 worth it.
I want to stay with a universal as I listen to DVD-A,SACD as well as DVD's fed to my CRT TV.I am not looking at HD yet .
I have a A.A. Prima for cd's .
I live in a very small community so auditioning is out of the question.
I would like to go the "used" route .
I have read good things about McCormack ,Lexicon .
Would very much like other suggestions.
thefalls1117
Keeping to a stock unit--consider the Esoteric DV50s or send the 3910 out to be modded. The are several opinions on this forum on the best technitions for modding. I have a Denon 3910(for HDCD) and the Esoteric--both stock. Overall I'd take the Esoteric.
I've got a 2910 upgraded by David Schulte of the Upgrade Co. He carries Denon and Esoteric. I'd suggest giving him a call.

http://upgradecompany.com/sales.php
Post removed 
Denon 3910 was my first universal player. I then went on to NAD, Bel Canto, and now I have Linn Unidisk. Thinking back, I think Denon has pretty good performance in SACD and DVD Audio. Also the video quality was top notch.

I haven't used either McCormack or Lexicon. But in order to get significant improvement in SACD and DVD Audio you'll have to spend more than $1500 IMHO. Anything less is likely to be a sideway move.
Since you want to get a universal why not consider the soon-to-be-released Oppo BD-83? I went from a 3910 to an Oppo DV-983 and was quite pleased with its picture and sound qualities. The BD-83 is supposed to match and surpass the 983 and also gives you an entre into the world of BluRay.

And all of this for $599 brand new, pretty hard to beat that deal...

-RW-
I would say step into a 5910ci. I did trade my 3910 in on one about 2 yrs ago and it is much better machine in video and audio reproduction. I will be selling mine as soon as the DVD-A1UDci hits the market.
The upgrade co. 3930ci.

I had a 3910. the TUC3930ci was not a subtle upgrade.

midrange, bass, PRAT, sense of ease ... all drastically improved.
Don't know.
I have the 3910, with John Tucker's, Exemplar mod, involving the tubes, in the audio section. I am at a loss as to where to go, especially since the audio part of this unit, without question, set a standard which was heretofore unobtainable...out of reach...the HOLY GRAIL...where exactly does one go to improve on this kind of excellence?

I'm sure I don't know...

Larry