DCS Sending Legal Notice To Reviewer (Golden Sound) Over an Old Review of Their Bartok DAC

I saw this You Tube video which was posted by Headphones.com which at the beginning talked about the site taking the side of Golden Sound (GS) & then GS himself going through the details of what happened (his side of the story).

https://youtu.be/R7NxRFT6FiI

While I am not taking any sides until DCS comes out with their story publicly. While we all are aware that many times companies force reviewers to remove the criticism of their products by employing different ways. But what should be the way forward about the reviews for reviewers and companies?

Can we as the end consumers and as a community come-up with the framework around reviews?

Regards,

Audio_phool

128x128audio_phool

libel laws are tricky. to my understanding ...

Libel laws vary greatly by nation, and supposedly (according to @audio_phool) the companies involved here aren’t U.S.-based. Still, DCS behaved pretty poorly here before finally apologizing, and the YouTuber uses it all for clicks.

I don’t believe that DCS is being “driven to the ground” and (having some exposure to the company) do believe David’s explanation that the DCS USA employee acted independently and was indeed fired for these transgressions.  The quality of the products speak for themselves.   That said, I agree that the DCS USA employee took an indefensible approach. 

I agree with Golden Sound's review of the Bartok. I listened to it in my system. In my system the Bartok is dark, lacks detail, and sounds closed-in.

@cleeds, thanks for mentioning blue jean's epic takedown of monster cable--it was the classic example of how these feuds should be handled. that said, i can't help but be sympathetic to the (non-bully) businesses being victimized by ill-informed and often corrupt "reviewers", who can spew internet venom without consequence.

David Steven said, in his second mea culpa, that he approved having a lawyer send a letter to Cameron as well, so I think that coming to his defense is rearranging the deck chairs on a sinking ship. Lawyering up, when they dont get their way, is part of their culture and exactly who they are.