Dac: Old vs New

I have older DAC's that sound good but I've had them for several years. Benchmark DAC 1 and PS Audio Digital Link III with Mods. Would a newer DAC from, Topping (DX-5), Schiit (Modi Multibit 2)or SMSL, be a SIGNIFICANT improvement in sound? Seems like the newer DAC's have way more resolution and transparency. I prefer those attributes in gear over warmth. 

tonyjack

The best thing for anyone to do is to read the many reviews available on the various models in your price range and then buy one of the likely candidates from a place that allows returns.  Some will give you all your money back if your return it within a set time period (minus shipping), and others may charge you a restocking fee.  Even then, it can still be a reasonably cost effective way to try things out for yourself.  BTW, I have a Schiit Modi Multibit 2 that I bought a few months ago. Of the various DACs I have (and have had) it is my favorite, especially for the cost.

Thanks for the responses. I forgot to say that I'm trying to stay under the $500 mark. Maybe that's being optimistic but that's what I'm hoping for. I also have a fairly modern DAC in a system called the MyDac from Micromega. I like it and it was inexpensive. I've had a Cal Audio Sigma II tube Dac, MSB Digital Link and a Museatex Bidat (needs repair) All sound good but very old.

I still have my border patrol from 3 years or more ago...still sounds fine to me. New stuff is different, not necessarily better.

Check out Geshelli J2, either AKM or Sabre chips.  Great products, and great price.  And, looks dapper in its wood case.