Cornwall IV vs. Volti Rival, Razz; Razz v. 1, 2, 3 -- what changed?

Looking for efficient speakers. I had the opportunity to listen to a Cornwall IV yesterday. It was run on nice tubes (Primaluna 400 EL34s) with a bluesound node streamer/dac.

QUESTION: I'm curious if anyone has compared CW IV with Volti Rival of Razz. Thoughts?

QUESTION 2: Anyone know what changed in the Volti Razz when it moved from v. 2 to v. 3?

Thanks

128x128hilde45
Post removed 

My original setup was Node 2I, Audio Research LS2, Parasound A21 with CW IV tilted in passed listening position. Imaging was not precise, but the sound stage was immersive. It made walls disappeared. 

With the addition of Pontus II, CW IV tilted in before listening position, every instrument sounded the way it should, more real, as the band is there in my living room.

Switched to the  Willsenton R8 om triode mode, the slight fatigue went away after rolled with many different tubes, 6550, EL34, 6SL7 and 6SN7 of different brands. However, the music does not sound real anymore. 

Changed the R8 to Muzishare X9 with 300B, the magic returns. No doubt different tubes yield different sound characteristics, I finally settle with the Linai B300B-H, I forgot to mention somewhere alone added the REL HT-10.

Someone mentioned the CW IV 15-inch woofer is not sufficient for bass. Well, I had similar thought for a while. It all changed after I added the SMSL PL200 into the system. CD are practically collecting dusk. Once a while, the OPPO Blu Ray player used as transport to play some old CD. The new PL200 has no sub out, nor the the Pontus II. I didn't feel anything was missing in the bass region. The CW IV is fast, kick drum, snare drum, different bass nodes are clearly distinguished. The treat off is badly recorded CD will now be more stand out but non musically fatiguing. 

BlueSound is great and quick in response to questions. With the mini optical out of the Node 2i to PL200 Optical in and optical out to Pontus II, the REV sub is now also involved. Count this a very happy CW IV customer. Almost forgot to mention CW customer services is also top notch. 

@bodega Thanks for pointing out the change. Now it only strongly implies that they’re made it China.

The Klipsch company is coy about revealing where their speakers are made, or perhaps more importantly where parts of their speakers are made. It is possible to say that a speaker is made by craftspeople in Hope, AR, while many of the parts of the speaker, including the cabinet are made elsewhere. It is no secret that Klipsch has parts and in some cases whole speakers made in China. They may not want people to know or to focus on that fact, and I can understand that – fair enough. But here’s a point that I’ll make which is much more important than whether or not they are made in China. When it comes to the low-quality construction of the Forte cabinet, I would submit that it would be better for Klipsch if they came out and stated that it was built in China.  That way they would at least have an excuse for the poor quality.  To say that the cabinet of the Forte, which I think is among the lowest quality speaker cabinets ever made, is made by the craftspeople in the shop in Hope, AR is an insult to those good folks.  If the Klipsch company handed their employees the keys and asked them to build a speaker cabinet, I don’t believe they would choose to build them with the cheap press-board material that is used in the Forte.

This is the tactic that we see in journalism called, "Just asking questions..." (As in, "Is Politician X truly born in the USA? Some say yes, but others say know. Just asking questions.)

Obviously, he could have just removed any of this triggering language related to "China" and just talk about the specific construction of the speakers -- as Danny of GR Research does. Just compare apples with apples and leave the triggering language out of it. If the cabinets are badly made, who cares where they were badly made -- unless you're trying to get some ideological mileage out of sentiments about China. 

I've never been entirely satisfied with the construction of Klipsch speakers, despite owning one currently and in the past. However, it's important to acknowledge that most speakers, regardless of their price (mine go up to $20k), have identifiable flaws.

The owner points out all the flaws of the company he learned from and copied. It shows a level of no-holds- barred bravery that caters perfectly to the high testosterone ballers like we are. I'd love to see a durability test, like driving a truck over the speakers, and sharing that on YouTube. Or even better, let's have the Audiophiliac put on some football pads and crush those boxes. I'd happily contribute $100 to see either of these happen.