Comparisson of Usher Mini Dancer 2's with Dali Helicon 400 Mk 1's?

I own a pair of Usher Mini-Dancer 2's, and love them.  I recently became aware of the Dali Helicon 400 Mk 1's, which seem to have a lot in common with them.  If anyone has heard both speakers, can you offer an objective comparison?

128x128cheeg

I can't image the Dali Helicon tweeter sounding any more refined than Usher's DMD tweeter.

The Dali line is a very different animal from most.  To me the issue isn't construction so much as crossover design and tonal balance.  Dali tend to be tuned to either have an elevated treble or both elevated treble and bass.  This makes them excellent low volume listening speakers, and have lots of air and sparkle... too much for me.

I want to encourage you to listen and make yourself happy, most of all, but don't go by driver types/design, you are not going to hear the same things, and make sure if you get all attracted to the sparkle it's a sparkle that doesn't wear your ear out soon.

Personally I find them tuned too hot for my ears and volume. Take a look at figure 4.  They absolutely sound like this curve looks to my ears.  Again, make yourself happy, but whether you buy these speakers or not you absolutely have to audition them for a while: