Comparison of Wadia 850 to Meridian 588

I had made the decision to buy a Meridian 588 as my single play CD player. But after doing some reseach on Audiogon, I am intrigued by the Wadia 850. Any advise out there on these two units? I have a Bryston 4BST am/BP25 preamp and listen to a lot of vocalists so I am looking for great detail and soundstage.
bryanhod
Don't forget the Audio Aero. I have at last compared the Audio Aero to the Wadia and i prefer the Audio Aero.
I had bought an 850, which quickly broke down...it took MONTHS to get it back from Wadia, only for it to break down on the second playing! Don't waste your time, they have few spare parts for the 850.
If you like WADIA's digital approach with their DigiMaster algorhythm then there's nothing better.
I had an 850 and it worked flawlessly for years of heavy duty usage.
Lancebet simply had bad luck with his unit. This happens all the time with different companies. I am waiting f.e. for a REVEL amp to be repaired since weeks now.
Good luck!
Detail and soundstage are Wadias game...they do it better than everyone.

I have an 861, and not much is better unless i went to a Meitner DAC etc...and Wadia has unbeatable build quality compared to several high end cdps, and Steve @ GNS provides great service from all accounts here.