COINCIDENT FRANKENSTEIN 300B STEREO

Just purchased one of these beasts from Israel of Coincident (quite the gentleman).

I already have a few SET amps that buck the trend of little bass and dynamics that often get associated with S.E.T. amps.

The Frankie is a top notch power amplifier.  Not a good value.  Not a giant killer.  A true, top quality power amplifier period.

I swapped out the stock tubes and what happened next shocked me.  Of course the midrange is gorgeous,  But I did not expect the highs to sparkle and the bass to have definition, texture, and punch.  Sorry,  I intended to say PUNCH.

As always, speaker matching is a key and a stable 6 Ohm speaker will sound best - but these babies are the real deal.

BTW, they retail at around $2,500.

Disclaimer - I am not a Coincident dealer and have no affiliation with Coincident.  I am a NOS tube dealer.

P

128x128paul_lindemann

Showing 2 responses by audiojan

I can’t compare the stereo to the Willsenton but I can with the monoblocks. First, you’re comparing power amp to an integrated so not exactly apples to apples…

The Willsenton is nice, but it’s not on the level with the Franks… the Coincident’s are just more organic and natural. Significantly better low end and depth of soundstage. I would think the stereo amp is very similar