Class D is just Dandy!

I thought it was time we had a pro- Class D thread. There's plenty of threads about comparisons, or detractors of Class D.

That's fine, you don't have to like Class D amps, and if you don't please go participate on one of those threads.

For those of us who are very happy and excited about having musical, capable amps that we can afford to keep on 24/7 and don't require large spaces to put them in, this thread is for you.

Please share your experiences with class D amps!
erik_squires
@mdeblanc I bought the basic cherry amp. I just updated my system info today w/pics etc. Had a couple blokes over yesterday for a 2 hour jam, the prior prez of the Boise Audio Club (who also has his eye on PMC) + the bloke who intro'd me to Cherry when he brought his over a month back. Thumbs up all around from them. The rig is singing.
Nelson Pass's statement on Class-D in an interview yesterday. 

"JS:There has been an explosion in high-end Class D amps in recent years. Some companies now market some fairly sophisticated – and expensive  – Class D models. Pass currently manufactures Class A and AB lines only. What are your thoughts on Class D?

NP: Personally I think it’s a miracle that they work at all, but then I think that about my phone, too. I have great respect for people who can make Class D amplifiers sound pretty good, and for delivering low cost, high power, and efficiency. They have earned their place in the industry.

That said, I am not tempted to go in that direction."

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2018/02/21/an-interview-with-hifi-legend-nelson-pass/

Cheers George

Uberwaltz, I would have to agree with you. I think we have the same Nuforce amp and I used to have the same Emotiva amps. The Nuforce sounds more like live music than the Emotiva amps ever did. The Nuforce even sounds more live than my Marsh A200 amp or Rotel Class D amp. That little Nuforce amp is small and unassuming but when turned on, it is amazing.  
@slbenz

Welcome to the believers!
I think the Nuforce and now the Nuprime were/are very underrated class D amps and I have absolutely no intention of looking for a replacement for the ht rig anytime soon.
We cannot even get past 50 on the volume without it being literally too  much to bear for long. And that I mean in a good way, not that the sq has degraded but just it is more than our ears and room can handle or need to handle.
Seems like there's a great deal of very positive buzz (no pun intended) about the Bel Canto REF600M's, and at 5K/pr they're not in the stratosphere.  I wonder how they would sound against a 5K Pass design.