CEC Belt Drive CD Transports vs Jay's Audio CD Transports

Hello,

I currently have a new LTA Aero Dac on order.  I have a feeling that I will be soon be ordering a new CD Transport to go with the new Dac and am trying to narrow down the options.

I am strongly considering either the Jay's CDT2MK3/CDT3MK3; but would also like to hear more about the CEC TL5 and the CEC TL-2N belt drive transports.

I'm curious if anyone has had the opportunity to compare CEC with the Jay's?

I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences - whether they be good or bad before I decide to pull the trigger.

Thank you and best wishes to you all!

no_regrets

@vthokie83 Hi!  I have not yet made a decision as of yet.  I had placed an order for a new LTA Aero Dac.  Back when I had ordered it, they they had thought it would take about 3-4 weeks.  However, they had a supply chain issue and it will still be another week or two yet before I receive it.

It comes with a 14 day trial period.  I want to hear how it performs in my system first before I decide on which transport I go with as it clearly sounds like the transport can have it's own sound personality.

I do believe it will be either the Jay's Audio CDT2MK3 ( not the CDT3MK3) or the CEC TL2N dual belt drive.

I will certainly update this thread once I decide on the transport and let you all know how it performs in my system.

Thank you and best wishes,

Don

FWIW, CEC transports have a small board inside near the IEC with jumpers or plug from 100, 120, 230, I’ve done conversions. The Jap versions set at 100 volts.

Mine’s a TL-3N (dual belt) CEC is the turntable sound of transports

@rx8man 

Are they the ones located in the top left of this photo? If so, is it the rightmost portion with the two red lines on the outside of the three spaces with the middle one vacant? 

If so, would moving one up or one down complete the voltage conversion?
Thanks, in advance, for those who need to know. 👍

All the best,
Nonoise

The small jumper pins directly behind the IEC, you clip or unsolder to relocate for voltage change.