CD Transport

I’m looking for a cd transport (my DAC is the Bricasti M1 S2). I’m considering this 3 options; Audiolab 9000CDT, Primare DD35 and Teac 701T.

Your opinions, please.

Thanks in advance for your help. 

128x128leog2015

Showing 1 response by vitussl101

I have not seen/heard the Primare or the Audiolab, but if you're talking about the TEAC VRDS-701T CD Transport, yes I have heard it and other Teac models that you can also connect a master clock generator that surprisingly makes an audible improvement.  The Teac has the best transport mechanism of the three; Primare, lesser spec Teac part, and the Audiolab looks generic with maybe better dampening applied.  The 701T is a sonically neutral machine.  When I hear adjectives describing or ascribing some sonic signature to a product like this as warm, meatier bass, soft highs, etc., those to me are colorations.  I suppose neutral could be described as a coloration but this transport gets the information off the discs and if later you want to improve on it, the TEAC CG-10M Master Clock Generator will definately do that.  I have heard these master clock generators on a few Teac's and Esoteric Audio products and they always make an improvement rather than just sound different like a lot of products might do.  Think of the 701T VRDS as a baby Esoteric; okay a very baby Esoteric.  It even uses a three point steel footers setup ( very similar to Esoteric) separate transformers, digital, transport.