CD Player: Vintage or modern ones?

I’ve been given a collection of classical and jazz CD’s, last time I had or played one was like 20 years ago with a humble Denon I bought saving for few months.

Now that I have a pretty good system, wondering if worth to get a good CD Player or find some “old glory”, but I’m totally lost.

The one that appeals to me is the Audis Flight FL Three S in black (must be black to match rest of my Italian system, ideally from that beautiful country), or the Goldnote CD-10, even some TEAC. Regarding more older units, I’m totally lost.

Any suggestion? Rest of the system is made by Diesis Audio (Speakers, Ampnand cables).

Thanks in Advance.

superelmar

As incredible this unit is, CD’s (Redbook, DVD Audio, SACD with Multi or two channels) still outperforms streaming at its best.

I have only had my Cambridge CXN100 streamer for 3 weeks but my CD playback is well sorted. So far my CD playback is better.

No, not worth it. With CD players, vintage vs modern is not the right question. Some are good, some aren't as good. Nothing to do with age when it comes to those. 

After some serious consideration, and listen what a good CD player can do with my speakers and amp, and also embracing how comfy had been streaming for my wife and me over the last two years, and more recently using our Voxativ Zeth Absolut system, I gave to my dealer a good bunch of stuff including the TT, to trade it for a metronome aqwo 2+ with tube module. I’m done with this, now I have a nice collection of Vinyls to sell and put the money into our savings for our new home.

Thank You all, I’m seriously done with gear at least for the next decade.

PS: Cannot still believe how close in emotion and warm is the Metronome to my old Kuzma Stabi R.

The Ayre C-5xe mp Universal CD/SACD/DVD Player would be a fine choice. Lot's of flexibility, sounds great and can be had at at decent price.