CD Player: Vintage or modern ones?

I’ve been given a collection of classical and jazz CD’s, last time I had or played one was like 20 years ago with a humble Denon I bought saving for few months.

Now that I have a pretty good system, wondering if worth to get a good CD Player or find some “old glory”, but I’m totally lost.

The one that appeals to me is the Audis Flight FL Three S in black (must be black to match rest of my Italian system, ideally from that beautiful country), or the Goldnote CD-10, even some TEAC. Regarding more older units, I’m totally lost.

Any suggestion? Rest of the system is made by Diesis Audio (Speakers, Ampnand cables).

Thanks in Advance.

superelmar

The only old CDP's worth considering AS TRANSPORTS are the TEACs, as in the VRDS mentioned above. TEAC had excellent transport mechanisms, even in their less fancy models (they still do, but it's now called "esoteric" and costs a fortune).

Digital to analogue conversion has generally improved in the past 20 years...

Keep in mind however that lasers have a finite life expectancy, so you might be better off purchasing something new

You’re possibly be right both of You, the other options is a Lascala MKII DAC and enjoy streaming.

Budget?

DACs have improved quite a bit since the dawn of the CD era.  This would include the the DACs contained in CDPs.

it’s unclear to me if the OP streams currently.  If he does not and is interested in doing so then a streaming DAC with a CD transport combination makes a lot of sense.