CD Help

I'm having trouble with listening to my cd's at a reasonable vol. all of a sudden when i crank it up to about 11 o'clock everything just turns to MUSH! complete distortion, i don't have a dedicated cd player, i am using a cheap $200 sony dvd sacd etc which i bought at circuit city. Yes circuit city. I know, lets keep the comments to my problem. whcih that may be one. Anyway, i have a set of mirage OM-10's (4) for Ht use and a set of the Von Schweikert VR4 jr's that i use for 2 channel. Both speaker sets when i switch a-b are sounding distorted. Why the breakdown in sound. Damn this gets me. It really sounds like crap. HELP
case05
I would check out the Wadia player and would consider it probably over the Marantz. Also look at used ARC CD3.
Arkprof observations are true but then you can same thing for any format in terms of not always sounding great. Depends on the recording engineering as always: what DSD and thus SACD does allows for more potential for the recording engineer and thus us. I would recommend looking for a CD/SACD player but given SACD titles are not nearly enough, make sure you make reg redbook play back quality the guiding principle for auditioning: then you have SACD capability to explore as an add on. What is your price range?
Henryhk: My price range is around $2500 I have heard great things about the marantz SA-11s1 i think thats the number. Its suppose to be great for regular CD's as well as two channel SACD. It will not do multichannel SACD. Don't care about more than 2 channel anyway. Any thoughts?? Thanks Arkprof.
Check out the TRL Marantz SA-14 thread. For about $1800 inlcuding mods you can have an excellent CD/SACD player.

TRL has modded my digital equipment and I can say their work is top notch. You will be amazed at the increased detail. If interested, you should check with them first, but I believe they offer a mony back guarantee on their mods.