Cayin A-200 Integrated Amplifier

Hello. Need some help finding some specifications and opinions on the Cayin A-200P integrated amplifier. I have found one for sale but cannot find any information on it. Lots for the A-200T. Cayin website is next to useless looking up older models. Any information would be great!

darberb

Hi,

two things:

My Cayin A88T is wonderful, everything I read about it is true, and Cayin build quality is very high.

Ask Steve Leung at VAS, he used to be a Cayin dealer, may have some specifics about that model.

it seems cayin builds a base model, then makes variations based on the power tube type(s)

suffix T means ____ tube

suffix P means ____ tube.

i.e. my A88T takes KT88 Tubes (6550’s can be substituted, re-bias needed)

then you have: orig, mk1. mk2 variations.

check carefully, i.e. I need 16 ohm taps for my 16 ohm speakers, thus orig only, internal bias controls. later mk2 and mk3 added external bias control and bias meter, BUT, they dropped the 16 ohm tap.

This is some google translated informations from a Chinese website:

The Cayin A-200P launched by Zhuhai Spark Electronics Co., Ltd. Although the appearance of the Cayin A-200P appears unpretentious, the excellent production level gives people determination. On the thick and stable steel chassis, there are 9 electronic tubes arranged in front. Of course, there are plug-in protective covers that are easy to install and remove outside these tubes, and three transformers are lined up behind them. The front panel is carefully milled with a 12mm thick aluminum alloy plate, and the exterior is treated with silkscreen process. The volume knob is in the middle, the power switch is on the left, and two buttons and a row of LED indicators are located on the right. Signal source input selection. A-200P provides users with 3 sets of high-level inputs, 1 set of pre-amp inputs on the back panel (only used to connect other pre-amplifiers, now A-200P is equivalent to a pure power amp) and 1 set of recording output. The signal source is selected to be switched by a sealed relay controlled by a logic circuit, shortening the signal path to reduce the possibility of interference. The speaker terminals have three different impedance matching, 4Ω, 8Ω and 16Ω.

Inside the chassis, the entire audio circuit is 100% handcrafted using the most orthodox scaffolding welding process. At the same time, A-200P also has two sound quality modes, "standard" and "soft": the sound in the standard mode is open, bold, and has a good momentum, which is suitable for appreciating the types of music such as big scenes and big dynamics; while the soft mode has soft sound, pure and slick, suitable for appreciating vocals, strings and other types of music.

High-voltage rectification of electronic tubes is conducive to extending the life of power amplifier tubes

On the signal path, the 12AX7EH produced in Russia is used for voltage gain stage, and the same 12AU7EH produced in Russia is used for the driver stage. Finally, two 2A3C direct heat tubes complete the power expansion with pure class A push-pull operation. Including the tube, the components used in the Cayin A-200P are carefully selected, such as the Japanese ALPS motorize potentiometer, the American famous brand Multi-Cap coupling capacitor, the high-voltage filter capacitor dedicated to the Nichicon product, with wide frequency response characteristics The high-quality EI output transformer, as well as the specially developed toroidal power transformer, etc.

There is also a Russian SOVTEK 5AR4, which is a high-voltage rectifier tube. The advantage of using tube rectification is that the generation of high voltage is gradually formed with the heating of the filament, which avoids the tube from being damaged.

Bias and hum adjustment can be performed by the user. Not only Cayin, in fact, many brands of medium and high-level tube amplifiers in China are equipped with user adjustable circuit. This is because tube rolling is also play an important role for tube amplifier. The characteristics of power tube may not be exactly the same, so adjustment must be required after changing the tube. Cayin A-200P is equipped with BIAS ADJUSTMENT and BIAS TEST POINT in front of the 2A3C tube socket on the left and right sides of the chassis, and also has a hum adjustment (HUM BALANCE) behind the tube socket, which can ensure the amplifier always operate at its best. However, it is best to do a pairing test before changing the tube. If the performance of the tube is too different, it may not be possible to adjust the amplifier to the normal operating point.

The Cayin A-200P is equipped with a full-featured infrared remote control. The volume, source selection, mute and sound quality methods can be remotely operated. The input selection can be switched in a circular method on the front panel, and can be switched in a direct selection method through the remote control. After the power is turned on, there is a delay for a period of time. At this moment, the MUTE (mute indicator light) lights up. At this moment, all functions of the machine cannot be operated, including source selection, sound quality method conversion, etc. After about 30 seconds, the volume potentiometer turns on. The blue indicator light of the machine lights up, and then the MUTE indicator goes off, indicating that it has entered a normal operating condition.

Cayin A-200P adopts push-pull output design, its output power is pure Class A 12W × 2. The melodious melody of strings, the dynamic dynamics of piano are all outstanding.

The sound of Cayin A-200P is characterized by its sweetness and purity in the attractive warm tone unique to the 2A3C tube, and it always reveals a noble aesthetic feeling; it is also due to its high resolution and rich details. Musical instrument has a real sense of performance, and the above-mentioned sound characteristics are not often encountered in many amplifiers I have heard.

SPECIFICATION

Manufacturer

CAYIN

Frequency response

10Hz - 50kHz

Noise level (dB)

Power consumption

280W

Dimensions (mm)

440x397x210

Weight (kg)

A gent I used to buy audio from stated that the Cayin build quality was fabulous.