Case of the dissapearing Bass

This might sound odd but....

My bass is gone, when i say gone i mean really really gone. I moved my speakers around the room to try to take some of the drone out of the bass. ( moved the speakers further off the wall etc)After having a play around I managed to tidy up the drone a little too well. Now i have no bass.

I have a pair of B&W 802d's, The woofers are popping away like mad im really giving the speakers a workout and Ive totally killed the nice bass slam I had before now to the stage where its non exitent unless I get behind the speakers.

I would have thought the maybe they're out of phase but i havent changed the leads or anything so i dont see how that can be the case.

Im at a bit of a loss. I dont know what to do to get my bass back. Ive even pushed the speakers back closer to the wall than I had them before to no avail.

Any thoughts?
ellrotts
Edit: I changed the phasing over to ensure they were not out of phase and they are not.
lol I would rather not say, its embarrasing. I have some a component in for repair.

PC- Asus Xonar STX DAC (analog out) - NAD C372- B&W 602S3
- 2x Rotel RB 1070 - B&W 802D

The NAD currently is the preamp for the rotels running in bridged mono.

Yes the rotels are too small.

Im looking to get new amps and a Schiit DAC in the near future.Im pretty keen on pass X600's
What are the dimensions of your room? Look up the Cardas speaker placement formula (google it). Try that out first and then slowly move your speakers closer to the wall behind them one inch at a time.