Cary CAD 120S Mk II amps

I've been listening to a pair of Cary CAD 572 SE (20 watts into 8Ω) driving a pair of KEF LS50s.  I really enjoy the "warmth" of the sound except for a bit of bass heaviness.  The Parasound A 21 I've been using to drive the LS50s sounds flat in comparison.  I'm surprised the pairing of a 20 watt amp with speakers with only a 85 dB sensitivity rating sounds so good.  I'm wondering if a CAD 120S (60 watt in Class A triode mode) might be a good choice -- Cary lists one at a large discount.  Would the higher power control LF better and eliminate the bass heaviness?
Ag insider logo xs@2xdbphd
The 572 monos are special amps if you hook up a 90 db set of Vandersteen 1 CIs you will be in paradise 
Interesting idea.  Wonder how the 572s would sound with my KEF Reference 107/2s, also rated at 90 dB sensitivity?  I'm driving the 107/2s now with a pair of Parasound JC1 monoblocks in low bias mode so the first 10 watts is Class A.  I added Cardas spade-to-banana adapters to the 572 to make switching among speakers easier.  The JC 1s have two pairs of speaker lugs to facilitate biwiring, but I suppose I could double up the spades under the 572 binding posts.

db 

I think Anthony Cordesman is a Cary 120sII user…at least he used to be, and reviewed it a while back. He loved the thing.
Cary CAD 572 SE (20 watts into 8Ω) driving a pair of KEF LS50s.  I really enjoy the "warmth" of the sound except for a bit of bass heaviness.
Not really the right amp for these speakers.

http://www.stereophile.com/images/1212KEF50fig1.jpg

http://www.stereophile.com/images/archivesart/C572fig3.jpg

KEF LS50 84.5dB 
The electrical phase angle is generally mild, but the combination of 5.3 ohms and –41° at 135Hz, a frequency where music often has high energy, will make the speaker work at its best with a good, 4 ohm–rated amplifier.
Cary CAD 572 SE
the 572SE is a 6-7W amplifier when driving more difficult "4 ohm" loads; ideally, these should be of greater than 95dB/W nominal sensitivity. the damping factor for 4 ohms it is 2.15. This is likely to significantly change the intended bass alignments of most speakers.
Cheers George

Thanks for the information, George.  I thought the Cary CAD 572 SE was likely a mismatch for the LS50, so was surprised the pairing sounds as good as it does.  I use a Parasound A 21 to drive the LS50s and will likely continue to do so.  I plan to try the Cary with my KEF Reference 107/2s (4Ω 90 dB sensitivity) that I drive with Parasound JC 1 monoblocks for superb sound.  

I'm just experimenting, and not sure what to expect.  The Cary amps are on loan from a cousin who hasn't used them since he got CAD 805s more than 10 years ago.  So the opportunity cost to try the 572 SEs is essentially zero -- unless I get hooked on turbes.

db 

" The 572 monos are special amps if you hook up a 90 db set of Vandersteen 1 CIs you will be in paradise"

Do that. Its a much better option.