Capacitors for BAT VK-60

I'm planning to change the Jensen caps.
I don't really like how they(Jensens) sound so I've been thinking about Multicaps, Auricaps or the red Dynamicaps.
Any suggestion?
Has anyone did a change like this and how was the sound after that?
Thanks
damaradona
Viewed through the side or bottom cover, you’ll see four 2”L x 3/4”W yellow/green caps across the PCB beneath the 6C33C tubes. The caps are marked Balance Audio Technology ..22uf/630V. They can be desoldered without removing the main PCB, and replaced with four V-Cap TFTF .22uf/600V. When installing the V-Caps, face the red lead to the rear of the chassis and the green lead to the front. Put a piece of Radio Shack double-sided cushioning tape between each cap & the PB.
Replacing the stock Belden low-level signal wire with better IC wire is a good idea. Raising the value of the coupling caps will exaggerate bass response, perhaps to a fault. IMO nothing is wrong with LF in the BAT other than that it could be tighter & more dynamic-- and you will get to this with .22uf V-Caps.

Just 0.22mf or bigger ?

About LF I agree.It really is a strong point of vk-60 anyway.

Thanks
D
Stick with .22uf and check out Atmasphere's response at the end of:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1170369408&read&h12&zzlAtmasphere&&#rest
Damaradona, it is best to keep to .22uF.

I recently had correspondence with Chris Venhaus regarding use of his TFTFs in my phono, and he recommended I use the smallest value possible as coupling capacitors, as the smaller capacitors sound slightly better than the larger ones. (I believe that to be true for all makes of caps) So in short, by going for 1.0uF TFTFs, you’ll end up spending more money and not get the very best performance.

Of course, I wouldn’t recommend you go smaller than .22uf either.

As far as your resistors go, you should replace the ones in your signal path. If you have a circuit diagram you could easily identify them. You mentioned you like Kiwame resistors, but I had been advised that their values drift over time. I am not sure if that is true or not, but I thought I’d let you know.

Regards
Paul