Can't get my second monitor to work with my Marantz 8802 - HELP

Hi guys, I am turning to you for help. I have my pre-amp Marantz 8802A in a 9.1 setup with both a TV (monitor 1) and a Sony projector (monitor 2) connected. 

For some reason i cant make the project (monitor 2) to work. I've tried pretty much everything:

* Checked the HDMI cable
* Tried all possible settings
* Connected the projector director to my laptop and that worked.

I got the projector to work initially and just dont know what i did to mess it up....

I am thinking it must have to do with a resolution setting (which the TV supports but the projector not) or it has to do with a zoning setting or with a specific setting. Any ideas? 

The Marantz manual is absolutely horrific, 382 pages and not clear. Settings like 'HDMI Pass Through', 'Pal or NTSC' etc are just not clear to me. 

I can imagine it's not easy to help but any ideas that can push me in the right direction? 

Thanks!
128x128frans5508
I'm not familiar with your specific Marantz unit, but am familiar with sister Denon, they typically use same processor/menus.

HDMI pass through is usually only available on one HDMI output. The source unit signal will pass-through this HDMI output even when the Marana is turned off. Only pertinent when Marantz unit is turned off.

If you're in the USA, always use NTSC. If you have PAL selected (Marantz or the Sony projector) - it won't work. PAL is for some foreign countries.

You said projector works from laptop connection - are you using the same cable too? If not, check again with same cable to be sure the cable is good (cats, kids, etc.).

Could the 2nd HDMI output be set to a different zone (different source)? This will be selectable from the on-screen menus. Recommend getting it working from a single video source before advancing to different zones to avoid added complication until after confirming it works. Should get same picture on both screens.

Thank you, this is helpful. It might be the HDMI pass through indeed. Will check on PAL as well. Yeah connected the laptop with a different cable and initially i thought it was the cable, put a brand new one to avoid any risk.

Will circle back, thank you so much.

Frans