Can I Trust The Music Room's Product Description?

I few weeks ago, I bought a used Chord Hugo 2 headphone amp/DAC from The Music Room, a vendor I had grown to trust after a few successful new-item purchases. This time, I’m not so sure if I can trust the company or not. In their product description, The Music Room had advertised the Hugo 2 as being a year old. When it arrived, from the serial number, I discerned that it had been made in 2020, 3 years back. I called my salesperson at The Music Room and he was surprised he had sold me an older model. I guess it could have been manufactured in 2020 and not sold till 2022, so it would then be a year old in a sense.I asked the salesperson, "If the Hugo 2 is really a year old, isn’t the warranty still active? Can I get it assigned to me?" The salesperson said he’d look into it and get back to me. Weeks have gone by with no resolution. I don’t think I will ever get a warranty, and figure it probably expired with age after 3 years. My questions: Does The Music Room just put things up for sale without requiring any proof of age? Do they not inquire about transferring a warranty to the next buyer? Is this the best way they can do business?

128x128mysteriousmrm

I’ve had great experiences with TMR...multiple purchases and a few seamless returns after the trial period.

I’ve had good experiences with them. Did you contact them about your issue? They should address it. 

Yes, The Music Room did address it. Although they can’t get the Chord 3-year warranty to me, we going to work out a compromise solution. As many users on this site attest, the company seems to have a good support team that responds to customer issues. 

I always assumed the "age" was more of a guesstimate. Which is fine, IMO. I don’t assume warranty services when looking at used gear.

I’ve bought from TMR several times. Always got quality gear. There is ONE time I got a set of Tannoys that were internally wired wrong (Tannoy uses no-solder wire clips), and sounded absolutely horrible until I rewired them (very easy to do). Fortunately I knew what they were supposed to sound like, because in the meantime TMR customer service tried to convince me it was an amp matching problem lol (I hadn’t discovered the wiring mistake yet). But once rectified, those ended up being one of the better bargains I’ve gotten. So once in a while their "testing" may be a little lax, but otherwise I’ve been very happy with TMR.