Can Anyone Recommend a Repair Shop for a Yamaha C-2x Preamp?

I have a Yamaha C-2x preamplifier I purchased new through the Post Exchange system in the late 1980s while stationed in Germany in the US Army; for many years, this was the preamplifier in my stereo system.  It has been "brought out of retirement" to use in the second system made up of my older equipment in my office.  It is in very good cosmetic condition and has not been abused in any way, but the left channel has no output, which is not surprising for a piece of equipment that is about 35 years old.   I suspect that, as a minimum, it will need new capacitors.  Can anyone recommend a reputable repair shop to repair this unit?  Thanks to all.

mike4597

I'd make sure the transistors are still available before I spent any money on it.

I bought a C2x in 2003. Used it for about 8 years as my phono preamp by taking the signal out of the tape out jacks.

The input and output RCA jacks of the C2x are mounted on the PCB. Through connecting and disconnecting the jacks sometimes break the solder connection to the PCB. That would be something to look at just in case it applies in your situation.

@russ69 availability of transistors is of a lot less deficit than tubes, but you might NOT find the original ones. The replacement transistors must be matched to parameters and sites like Digikey or Newark.com have charts of matching. The average price tag for such repair is in the park of $300 which can also buy you same type of working unit.

@mike4597 This issue should not be too new for any experienced repair tech around your corner so you don’t have to find any specific "audiophile approved" tech.