Can a monitor sound like a floorstander??

Don't know if I should put on a flame suit before I ask such a question..but is there? Classical music is my preference and I'm currently using Focus Audio FS688 monitors- they're very good at what they do--obviously better for chamber music than orchestral. I've heard that the Harbeth monitor 40's are great, but they are about the size of a floorstader. Can one get full sounding classical music through a speaker like Sonus Faber Guarneri, Dynaudio C1, or is a floorstander really the only way to go with classical music. I can really only bring my speakers out @ 3feet from the wall. My equipment is:
Ayre V-5xe
BAT VK51-SE
Ayre C-5xe
Running Springs Jaco power conditioner

Thank for your help and suggestions!

classical1
I think the question would be better phrased as "can a two way mini-monitor sound as big and full as a larger 3 way speakers?" There are any number of slim two floorstanding speakers that can match the performance of a good mini monitor and provide a little bit more bass, but neither type of speaker can provide the deep bass, midrange detail and volume of a large three way or more complex speakers. ATC, Spendor and Harbeth all make stand mounted monitors that can match the performance of even extremely large (and expensive) floorstanders with the exception of extreme bass output.

If you are looking for deeper bass from a small footprint speaker you might consider the PMC or Totem lines. They both make relatively small speakers that have extended bass output. If you're looking for greater dynamic capabilities there is no real substitute for cone surface area. A single 5" driver cannot have the impact and "size" of larger cones. That aside, practically speaking for most rooms and most types of music you really don't need extremely large speakers to reproduce a big sound. If you're willing to give up sound below 35Hz and don't require volumes above 105dB, then there are any number of reasonably sized 2½ or 3 way designs that can compete with the better floorstanders.
"can a monitor sound like a floor stander"

not if the floor stander is any good.