Call me crazy but I love sometimes just looking at my speakers and set up...

Hello All,

You know I see all these specially designed and built home movie theaters. And they’re magnificent. And of course they all have in wall speakers. I also understand that most people don’t want to see all of the equipment. But I do. Sometimes I will just look and admire my setup (especially my speakers, but my amp too) even when I’m not listening. That’s why for me looks are very important. I feel like up to a certain point within a speaker manufacturers lineup/range everything looks mostly normal but then after about their mid line things start getting weird, LOL! I’m a lifelong Dynaudio lover and even if cost was no object the highest I’d go is Contour....Even if I were to have a true in home movie theater built I would want the speakers visible...Any of you sometimes just like to look and admire your rig?

kingbr

Looks so matter to some people. I have to admit that I’m in the same camp as well. The amp and speaker selection for my system must pass the looks department first and foremost, sound quality is secondary. If the gear do not look good to me, I won’t bother listening to it not to mention own it.

I like to look at my amp too but in my case, during listening when the lights of the meters come on. 😁

My speakers are ugly. And they are currently sitting on plastic milk crates. But they are sitting on new plastic milk crates. I do have some standards I try to maintain.

Lol, totally. I think aesthetics are so important, and affect our impression of the sound whether we know it or not. 

I would buy Magico, Piega, Rockport, or just about a dozen other brands based solely on how they look. Thank God I'm a control freak and have to listen to them first. If I had Vivid Kaya 45s I would talk to them too. And they would talk back to me.... 

It’s kind of embarrassing,but that’s the only reason my wife married me.  I’m her eye candy.