Building new system starting with power amp. What would you choose ?

This is not how it usually happens, but what if you simply must have a particular amp and then move with upgrades in both directions? Let's assume that the only source will be RTR deck, so no preamp will be needed.
The price range..how about $15k new or used ?
This is a hypothetical exercise, I am personally not prepared for that yet. However, it would be, theoretically, perfect minimalist audiophile set-up. 
I myself would probably choose either Lamm monoblocks or Gryphon stereo power amp, both used of course.
inna
Based upon childhood memories (Leak)...

A properly refurbished Leak ST 20 (might need a quality repop PT in the redo) paired with contemporary easy to drive speakers.

Also intrigued by the less expensive David Berning/LTA offerings but have only briefly listened to a couple of his amps (the last being maybe 15 years ago and the other way before that).

I recently posted about a Roger Modjeski EL84 based power amp that I also find special in that it's sound was different, but also incredibly pleasing instead of odd.

It didn't seem to to compress with busy source material and instead remained 3D/open (and this from 2 EL84's per channel).

Not up on new stuff (as you can imagine by my posted rig).

Go to your favorite audio dealer(s) and listen.  Learn.  Observe.  Make a judgement.

Just keep in mind that tube amps require care and feeding that solid state amps do not.  Depending of the rest of your system, a very good solid state amp will give you as much satisfaction as a tube amp without the tube amp hassle.
I have a Krell KSA-80B which sounds even better than an ML-2.  It puts 640 watts into my One Ohm Apogee Scintillas.  It never strains.  Its very musical.  I had it factory recapped a couple of years ago.  Its my amp for life.
I'd like the Sim audio amps myself very neutral warm sounding. The w8 was phenomenal.
@arcticdeth 
i love my Magtech. Fyi, your suggestion is the reason i looked into sanders. Im not sure how any other amp could be better. Nothing ive heard at least.