Build a Faraday cage around your equipment.

I just realized that there is an abundance of Material (cloth) that has EMF blocking characteristics on the market now. Considering it is a woven material flexible and can be easily sewn by ordinary means, this could easily be used to create a simple form of a faraday cage around your high end stereo equipment. They even have Curtains for your windows. I intend to experiment with it and have already started looking at potential heat problems and effectiveness of ONLY a partial cage, because of course you want to leave much of the Front and back of your equipment open. I believe it has a lot of potential in stopping interference between individual pieces of your equipment package and especially for those who like me have their setup contained in a rack/structure of some kind. There are numerous places that can be approached like even laying a sheet of the material over cable runs to keep out stray signals. This can be done in simple ways or you could get very deeply involved in configuring everything in the system to incorporate the blocking material. Some simple places it could be utilized are simply a sheet of it placed on a shelf before placing the equipment on it or as a simple barrier between pieces of equipment.  Attention to the types of material should be considered a high level of concern as the different types have different characteristics. Has anyone else experimented with this?

esarhaddon1

Most pieces of electronic equipment that has a metal outer case or cabinet already has the principles and all the protection of a Faraday cage. There is no problem to solve here. There is nothing in your home that will be affecting that gear that is solved by doing anything such as creating another Faraday cage around the gear. All the gear we are talking about is created by electrical engineers who have a very complete understanding of all of this from about the second day of school. Unless you are living in a power transfer station and your stereo is 3" under a giant transformer or something, there is no issue :-) 

Phone Faraday pouch

One reviewer (5th on down) mentioned that this Faraday pouch blocked radio cell signals but not Wi-Fi. Thought I heard somewhere that Wi-Fi might be more problematic than radio for sound systems.

It's been around 25 years years or so, but: I found 'TI Shield', made by Texas Instruments, on page 14 of Michael Percy's catalog.   It's still in his catalog*, though out of production for decades.

Placed a full coverage sheet on each component's shelf and on the top (under the granite, to shield the turntable), of my system's cabinet.       

Haven't looked back since.

Just seemed/seems to me that the most immediate threat of interference, would be the EMI/RFI created by the components themselves.

*https://www.percyaudio.com/Catalog.pdf