Bowers and Wilkins, 801 D4

Hi all, i'm looking to get some new speakers, maybe Wilson audio sasha DAW, or B&W 801 D4, my amp is the Audionet Humboldt integrated , 

Specs & Pricing

Output power: 320Wpc into 8 ohms, 460Wpc into 4 ohms
Frequency response: DC–700kHz -3dB
THD+N: <-100dB at 1kHz
SNR: >120dB (A-weighted)
Channel separation: >140dB, 20-20kHz
Dimensions: 450 x 320 x 505mm
Weight: 61kg
Price: $55,000, i have mk 1  sasha's at the moment, sounds v-good, would my amp have enough grunt , for the B&W,s, they do have two 10" base drivers, on paper they are easier to drive, but as we know in real life, not always the case , i am in England, so Wilsons are £40,000, B&W £32,500, a big difference,  thanks 

graystoke

B&W 801 was my dream speaker to own. This year I went to Axpona, and auditioned 802 on first floor for hours and 801 on 6th floor for limited 20 minutes. They sound very good, but high frequency is so abundant that causes ear fatigue after 30 min. It should be related to diamond tweeter. Some high end dealers confirmed that. After comparing side by side at a dealer, I bought Wilson Sasha DAW, and I am very very happy with them. You need a very good external DAC, I would recommend Denafrips Terminator Plus, It is pure music heaven and audiophile dream. I compared to Denafrips to dCS Bartoc which is 18K. Absolutely Denafrips is superior by miles. For $6500 Terminator Plus is best DAC for the money. I power them Hegel 590. Absolutely Fantastic.

I have not auditioned any of the later generations of B&W, but 20 years ago, I did chose between the B&W and Audiovector, and definitely fell for the Audiovector. At a lower level however, 803 vs Audiovectors 3 series. Could be worth taking a look at the R6 or R8 from Audiovector too.

Personally I like the more natural sound of the Wilsons, their cabinets are solid. Audition the two pair of speakers, and let your ears decide. Buy what sounds better to you!

I have the new Alexx V, great speaker.

Good Luck!

I was very impressed with the Rockport’s at a local dealer.  Just wish I were rich and I could get these past the gate keeper.  Wonder how many others have this problem.  I would feel selfish spending so much money on myself,