Bose 901 Series V Questions

Please no Bose bashers.

#1. Has anyone ever listened to these speakers backwards ?

( with the 8 woofers facing you )...interested in your opinion regarding sound ...good or bad ?

#2.  Can the color of the drivers be black as well as blue ?

I am running my Bose Equalizer between Amp and Preamp...Is that a good way ?

Thank you 

rocky1313

Interesting side note: Omar Bose (electrical engineer) also had a passion for automobile suspension. He developed a very sophisticated suspension system that he tried to get adopted by major car companies without success.

I had the Bose 901s 2,i used them for a while with the Bose Equalizer but then used a,different equalizer, that gave them alot better sound.I used them for a long time .Had them in storage and the surrounds all wore out.My ex threw them out ....lol.oh well.

Heads up for anyone wanting their 901's repaired, as of May 31 2024 Bose will no longer support repair of this product. As of today we have enough drivers to complete one more set of speakers with the black V2 drivers. We only have 16 of the blue cones. Personally I think this is the one product they should have supported till the end of Bose.

I know most could care less, but there is still a lot of people that enjoy their 901's for what they are. Just wanted to get the word out.