Bose 901 Series ii

I own a set of Bose 901s with the equalizer.  I have them paired to a Carver pm700 200wpc amp, and am using a Harmon Kardon 630 for the pre-amp and tuner?  Any suggestions for something that might put out a little better sound and not break the bank?  And yes I know, no highs not lows must be Bose.
mdschmi
I would say to first upgrade your preamp, then your amp.
Those 901's suck a lot of juice. 
A good inexpensive route would be McCormack. A used RLD-1 and DNA-225 should give you more punch. The nice part is that Steve McCormack is still providing upgrades at SMc Audio.
My 2 cents....
Bob
Thanks for the input.  I'm just getting into the separates world.  Just don't know where to begin.  Thanks again
I strongly recommend you think about a good integrated then. How about Parasound? Lots of inputs, a very nice built-in DAC, and plenty of power.
Keep the electronics and ditch the Bose's! Buy a good used pair of DCM Time Windows and experience truly great sound! I am presently listening to a pair (serial no's 52779 and 52780) driven by a GAS Thoebe preamp and a Son of Ampzilla (both circa 1978). The TW's were bought on EBAY for $219 + shipping (in excellent condition!). The biggest (and best!) improvement for you would be a speaker upgrade. If not TW's, then I recommend Vandersteen 2's.