Borresen Loudspeakers

Had the opportunity to attend the launch event of the Borresen X1 loudspeakers last night in Chicago @nextlevelhifi ​​​​​with @jays_audio_lab. From their M6 at $550k per pair all the way down to the newly launched X1 speakers last night at $5500 your ears will smile. Amazing what a 4.5” driver can do. If you are in the market for any price range speaker about $5,000 and up you have to hear these. Imaging is 3 dimensional, larger than life soundstage and just absolutely stunning performance with a look that will fit any room. This manufacturer out of Denmark really gets it and I don’t care what price point you are looking at these speakers will out perform speakers double the price.  If you are buying speakers up to $25k you have to hear their $11k option.  The rep for Borresen is hitting all the shows/events over the next several months in the US. Oh, and by the way, I loved the X1 so much I bought the first pair that will ship to me in early March!

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xwoots

@gandalf usually I would guess the mid model is the sweet spot.  Look forward to hearing what you think after you've had some time with burn in.

Of course my speakers arrived @nextlevelhifi yesterday and I am heading out on vacation today so I’ll have to wait a week. Would have been great to have let them play for a week while I was out of town.  

@woots see if Josh or Tyler will run them in for you while you’re gone. They do it all the time for customers. 

scslite: So far right out of the box a tad bright, but I am breaking them in with a different Class D Amp. The Naim gear however sounds the best with them so far, and I will try the BAT VK80i on them as well once I get 100 hours on them, as they do improve over time. I need to go over what Lars told me to place them, more of a U configuration than a Triangle, is what I remember. I am comparing them to a pair of Audio Physic "Spark" which is a remarkable speaker as well.

woots: Have fun on Vacation and listening to those when you get back.