Borresen Loudspeakers

Had the opportunity to attend the launch event of the Borresen X1 loudspeakers last night in Chicago @nextlevelhifi ​​​​​with @jays_audio_lab. From their M6 at $550k per pair all the way down to the newly launched X1 speakers last night at $5500 your ears will smile. Amazing what a 4.5” driver can do. If you are in the market for any price range speaker about $5,000 and up you have to hear these. Imaging is 3 dimensional, larger than life soundstage and just absolutely stunning performance with a look that will fit any room. This manufacturer out of Denmark really gets it and I don’t care what price point you are looking at these speakers will out perform speakers double the price.  If you are buying speakers up to $25k you have to hear their $11k option.  The rep for Borresen is hitting all the shows/events over the next several months in the US. Oh, and by the way, I loved the X1 so much I bought the first pair that will ship to me in early March!

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xwoots

Great looking speaker, I heard the Raidho’s and owned some Scansonics, great sound but a touch bright for me. The new shinny coin syndrome and hype have set in, which can make things difficult to choose any speaker. The best way to make any decision before you go all in and bash a speaker you haven’t heard, is order a go listen to a pair if you can, or order a pair. <<< Much easier to do at this price point. Common sense always wins in my book, so I ordered a pair, and if I don’t like them I will just sell them.. I think these speakers could fall in the category of value, quality = spectacular sound. (Time will tell) Heck even the new Magnepan LRS+ are remarkable for what they do at $1300 with risers.

mbmi: 12 speakers? Which brands? Heck I thought I was a speaker whore, with 4 speakers and soon to be 5 (X1)... Another monitor I have and love is the Audio Physic Spark, very, very good. Subjective hobby, and enjoy what you have!

@gandalf .... Heresy IV's...Dahlquist 905's....Triangle Celius ES....JBL Studio 590 (great Rock speaker)....JBL Studio 390 (small tower)...Caintuck open baffle w/ LII-15 drivers...Jensen C-1's....Quad 21-L's....Alon ( Nola) Lotus Elite.....Mirage M-490's...Teckton Pendragon's ( love 'em)..Maggie LRS w/ risers.+ The Borresen     X-3's....OH , and a pair of LS3/5a's....any takers....My bedroom looks like a Speaker Shop.

@riaa_award_collectors_on_facebook OMG....I’m going on Audiogon today and I’m buyin’ 4 more pair just so I can claim back the title and lay waste to the competition.....there’s always a wise guy! LOL.....now YOU name what you got!

@mbmi  Think they're in my profile. Will be checkin out the Borreson 1's and JBL 4312G's (Ghost) for my Vintage system. Luckily I have a Borreson dealer about an hour away from me near Allentown, PA.  Looks like he sells out of his house.

Cube Audio Nenuphar Mini
Fleetwood Deville
Volti Razz -  2 Pairs
Klipsch Cornwall IV
Audio Solutions Figaro M
Harbeth SHL5+
Harbeth C7 XD
Harbeth P3 XD
Omega Compact 8
Triangle Comete 40th -  2 Pairs
Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo 2
Graham Ls 3/5A