Bookshelf speakers on a bookshelf (Sad)

Ok, building new house wife killed my stereo ambitions with an awful built in tv console cabinet.  Room is large, there is Sonos in the ceiling and outdoor area so that’s fine for background.  She sold my B&W 802s when we moved but thinks the McIntosh stuff looks cool so that can stay.  MA352 int amp and a mt5 turntable.  I thought there was room for floor standing speakers next to the built in but sadly there isn’t room.  I can put a sub in, budget is whatever, but I don’t want want to turn 20k Focals into $4000 speakers buried on a bookshelf.  Any suggestions?  Thanks, Mark 

128x128mduffy18d

Very sad story. I don’t understand how she can sell something that belongs to you. No bookshelf speaker will give taste of B&W 802. You need a sub if you get bookshelf speaker. Sub will occupy also a lot of space and usually hated by wife. Try Wilson Sabrina. They occupy as much space as bookshelf on a stand. 

@mduffy18d You’ve certainly entrusted us with a lot of personal information.

What happens in the forum, STAYS in the forum.

Eh, stereo guys can be trusted. Back to the speakers, Raidho is out, 3-4 months and i gotta pay upfront.   Seems a bad option as 3-4 months can be 6-8 quickly in this world.   Thoughts now, maybe something used I can flip out of later?   

As for the get a pair stuff, LOL you guys are funny.  If you only knew.  All good just need some dope speakers.