Bookshelf speaker recommendations

I am in the need for some recommendation for bookshelf speakers in a small room(10x10). I currently have the Paradigm Mini Monitor v3 and for the price are good sounding speakers but they are way too midbass heavy like boxy sounding. A few options I was looking was the Dynaudio Audience 42 or 52 or even the Contour 1.1. I listening to everything but mostly rock and country. Every once in a while I like listening to vocals and acoustic instruments.

This will be powered by an Acurus A150 amplifier with a Rotel RC-995 preamp. My source is strictly lossless files and some streaming. 

My budget is around 1.2k.

Ag insider logo xs@2xhighend64

I'm not sure if you know what you are talking about.  Take scm 11 that seems your favorite as an example (the chart above is its sum).  Scm 11 is a two way speaker with the x-over around 2.5 khz, not 60-70hz.  Second of all, what do you mean by "-3db is the xo point bet. two bands"? you mean 3db dip at xo point? (see the chart above).  And lastly, "not the slope. I would have said 3db/oct." db/oct is a slope.  You got that all messed up...  anyway good luck 

I recommend you look into the PS Audio Aspen FR5 speakers, A lot of very good reviews.

Post removed 

@lanx0003 I know exactly what I am talking about. Like i said earlier post, we seem to interpret data differently. -3db and 3db dip at crossover point is the same thing. If there was a sub which I do would be a xo point just like xo in the speaker. Is there any thing else you want to know? Have a good day