Bookshelf dilemma

I need help/advice getting to a short list of Bookshelf speakers. Budget is $2,000 or less. The room is 16’x16’ with 12’ ceilings. Back wall is bay windows. Furniture in the room (must stay) doesn’t allow for floor standers. Will be driven with McCormack DNA 0.5 via Manley Jumbo Shrimp pre. This is a 3rd floor apartment and adding a sub is possible but I don’t want to cause issues with neighbors below. Streamer is Cambridge 851N. I listen to Jazz guitar/saxophone , Blues, Vocals and some 1970’s rock - Emerson Lake & Palmer, Yes, etc.  Thank you for your thoughts. 

128x128raydecraene

I have the same type of room, a little smaller, had Totems for a good while, very lively sound. I switched to Harbeth 30.2, as I had enough self space for them, but the P3 fits the bill oif you need smaller. However, Harbeth's in my opinion, are a bit too laid back for hard rock.  There are so many to choose from and they all sound different. You really need to try and hear a few.

KEF LS50 Metas but maybe a tad small for your space without a sub. Do you want a lot of low end?

How about some ATC SCM 11 V3’s for $1200?  Theres a pair for sale right now

KEF R3 - much more 'livable' than the LS50s. Like the difference between racing skiis and advanced recreational skiis. Racing skiis are ultimately more capable, but are very demanding - as a monitor should be. But they are not necessarily the most fun.