Bluesound recent update 4.0 tanked sound quality ???

BluOS but more importantly Bluesound just rolled out their v 4.0 software/firmware update.   After the update I'm hearing something totally different than I was getting before the change.  The overall sound is much fatter and the bass is soft, flabby and lacking detail.  I have four different Nodes (Node 2i) in the house and some of them are driving some really decent gear in a two channel room so the change in sound is very noticeable.   Has anyone else noticed this change in SQ following the firmware update?  I respect the opinions here and would appreciate your thoughts.  Thx, R

128x128rick_n

Did the update on my iPad a couple of days ago and hear no difference in the audio quality through Bel Canto DAC and amp and Q Acoustics speakers. The interface is a nice improvement..

I use a Node 2i and and external DAC. I notice no difference in the sound. New interface seems better and still getting used to it. I updated both the Node and the IOs apps.

Node 2i into external dac. Downloaded update yesterday. I only use for local classical radio station and Tidal. I have noticed no change in sq.

I updated to the new FW and SW on launch day and thought I heard a difference immediately after doing so.  However, after multiple days of listening, I don't think this is the case.  I'm using an N130 with an upgraded power supply and analog outs to the processor (eventually I'd like to add an external DAC).