Bluesound Node help

I purchased a nice current model node here a while back with HDMI input on it. I have Sony TV only two years old with ARC and also eARC on it for the HDMI. I can not figure it out, wont work when I use it. I get good sound with another DAC using toslink from the Sony but nothing with the Node. In fact, I am struggling a lot with the Node. I can not get it to do what it does best and work flawlessly with my phone. I installed the app but it does not always sync or turn on at all. I can only use the bluetooth to get it to work. Is there a website or manual or help out there. I may have to just sell it. Is nice unit and has potential I just know it. Can someone help? 

128x128arichison

Bluesound has a web site with a support section.  The web site also has a community forum where you can post questions and their tech people monitor it. 

Bluesound Support

You can also initiate a support request through the BluOS app.

I believe your node uses the same optical input as my Vault.    You need a Toslink to mini Toslink adapter.   It uses what is a combo analog / digital jack for its input. 

Then you just have to go in the menu to activate it as a digital input.  

Go to Customize Sources under Settings.  Choose Player , then Customize Sources

Tell it you have a digital input and it should work 

The Node and your phone or Tablet need to be on the same network.  If you are using a WiFi repeater make sure they are both on the same network