Bluesound mode not really cutting it

Running a bluesound node. Sounds pretty good but I feel like I can do better. I'm running a Black ice Dac thru a Schiit saga plus into a Mac Mc 152 and Lsa signature 20's. Looking to upgrade node I have 2 to 3 k to spend. Hard to find decent reviews. Any suggestions. Listen to blues classic rock and anything that sounds good. Have tenants downstairs so listen at moderate levels and kinda prefer realistic or almost tube or liquid sound. 

sgnevling

I would change out the preamp , DACs are pretty good nowadays.  A great preamp makes a big difference in my experience. 

I really like my CA CXN 100 which is a major step up from the Node.  I use the AirPlay and Chromecast features quite a bit.  They have just released a new streamer with a better DAC which you probably won’t need and an HDMI ARC, which you might use.  

Innous Pulse Mini is a good-sounding and well-performing device. If you come from something like BlueSound Node, you should be able to notice a considerable uplift in performance that justifies its price tag. While I can find more accomplished digital streamers at this price, it’s not that easy to find a better DAC implementation.

I have some experience with the BSNode.  It was IMO "unresolving".

I have tried a few different streamers and under 2K my favorite (for now) is a PS Audio AirLens. I was skeptical about it's claims but their return policy made me willing to give it a try.  I kept it :)