Bi-amping MBL 101's - combining tube & ss

i'm thinking about a pair of mbl 101's. i currently use david berning quadrature z's at 200watts per channel. i love this amp and am wondering if i can biamp, using a bigger amp for the woofers, and run the berning's for the mid/tweeters. i don't want to yet endulnge in an external crossover. would like to somehow do this leveraging the internal crossover. thoughts?
128x128davidhyman
Davidhyman, private "personal" email. If for example you click onto a membership name a profile page will come up and you will see under the members name (send email) Doing this you can send a personal email.

I did this so you should have one, check your computer.
The power needed for each 'way' almost entirely depends on the crossover frequency.
That is, if on 'normal'.....whatever THAT is, program material you want the amps to redline at about the same time.
Hi dev

I have been trying to send you an email to solicit some advice from you on MBL 101 speakers and amps given your extensive posts on this topic, but I am having trouble with my audiogon account. Audiogon is looking into it Can you email me at dhankhar.ajay@yahoo.com so I can get your advice on a few questions? i would really appreciate it

thanks a lot
ajay
IS there anyone who can report getting optimal results our of any mbl speaker using a tube amp in any capacity?

I cannot recall having ever read of such.

My understanding is that mbls classify as inherently tube unfriendly. mbl builds SS amps to run their speakers. That alone is a good indicator.

Personally, unless I'm missing something, as a typical consumer, using a tube amp with mbl speakers is not some place I would want to go.

If you like what they are capable of cookin, they are hard to beat set up properly in the right room with the right amplification (SS).

Tube fanciers look elsewhere I would say.
Mapman- Dev's VAC 450's are all tubes. His post is 7 posts ABOVE YOURS IN THIS THREAD!!!! Just pointing this out...... :-)