Bi-Amping: How can I determine relative output?

Long Story Short:  I have a 50w/channel pair of tube monos, and a 300w stereo solid state amp playing through a set of JBL 4367s. two way monitors.

The tubes are on the horn tweeter and the solid state is on the 15" woofer, crossover is apparently 700hz.

Doing absolutely nothing, some music sounds completely "normal" and some music sounds artificially bass heavy.

The solid state amp has gain adjustments for each channel.

I have a Fluke 115 multimeter, and access to plenty of test tones, but nothing to read SPL.

Is there a way to measure output at the speaker terminals such that I could dial the woofer amp down to "match" the tube amps?

If so, would this be more or less constant as the preamp driving the amps changes  volume, or would it only "match" (to the extent that it actually matches at all) at one volume level?

gthirteen

Thanks everyone.  Those are some great suggestions and information.

for those more electronically endowed, how would I measure as Erik suggested- what’s the pretty picture look like?

OP: Not sure what you mean, it seems simple enough.

First, find test tones from somewhere in the 50-60 Hz range. Attach a multimeter to one of the tube amp’s outputs. Set the multimeter to read volts AC. Adjust the preamp until the output reads 5V exactly.

Switch to the SS amp and try to adjust the amp’s level settings there to the same.

Erik-

Thanks.  I'm literally, multimeter illiterate. 
"Volts AC" is what I needed.

Thank you!!

PS - 5 V AC corresponds to about 3 Watts at 8 Ohms.  A very low level well within the capability of both amplifiers, but high enough that you can get a solid reading from a meter.

for those more electronically endowed, how would I measure as Erik suggested- what’s the pretty picture look like?

~V

Or a squiggle over or under a horizontal line.

Usually AC is denoted by a small v and DC by a capital V.
By my meter has volts DC as =V when the bottom part of the = is dashed.