Bi-amping????

Can I use 2 NAD 2200 amps(Continuous 100 watt) as mono-blocks sending split left and right signals to each amp then use both L&R terminals on each amp to send to Paradigm Monitor 11's V.3
Sensitivity -- Room 91dB 94dB / 91dB
Suitable Amplifier Power Range 15 – 250 watts
Maximum Input Power 180 watts**
??????????????????
dlewallen
Only information I have on the Paradigm monitor 11's is that they are"compatable with 8 ohm". The crossover built into the speaker is 3rd-order electro - acoustic at 2.0kHz; 2nd order electro - acoustic at 600Hz (lower bass drivers).
On the web site jim mentioned( sound.westhost.com/bi-amp.htm) they say most common question I get is ...

"Do I need to disconnect the passive crossover in my speakers?"
The answer is ... Yes, otherwise you are not really biamping at all.

If this is true then you literally straight wire your speakers to the terminals? taking out passive crossover in speaker? If so then do you use electronic crossover with same frequency as passive(out of speaker?) and where do you run the electronic crossover? before power amp?
Yup, pretty much straight from the amp to the drivers.

Not necessarily take out the passive crossover, but at least bypass it.

Yes, electronic crossover or sometimes passive crossover before the power amps so they only amplify a limited range of frequencies intended for the specific drivers.

To do it is often not very practical or necessary (IMO) for most home audio situations. The crossovers designed these days for good speakers work pretty well. I think it would be hard for the average person to improve upon the built in passive design in most cases.
Dle,

I think Whoaru99 has got you to where you need to be. But, please read and understand all that is written about using an active or passive crossover before your amplifiers and bypassing your speakers crossovers.

You cannot bypass your speaker crossovers without some sort of frequency attenuation before your amplifiers (active or line level passive crossover). Forgive me if I am repeating something you know, better for me to be an idiot, than have you bust a couple of speaker tweeters.

Jim S.
I will have to purchase a electronic crossover before I bypass the passive in speakers, Any ideas on a good one???

I really appreciate all the information you guys have provided, I am not very educated on terms, so I quess it was hard for me to describe what I was trying to accomplish, but you guys interpreted well.
Thanks Jim S, Whoaru99, electroid and greg, I will post on here again after the holidays when I get everything set up.

Also any suggestions on what guage power cable for the nad's to replace stock ones?