best used 2 channel preamp for under $2500

I am looking 2 channel preamp for under $2500 for my 2 channel set-up. I have Von Schweikert VR4 GenIII HSE speakers and JC1 monos amp. thanks and best wishes
stereo1972
For about $2500 keep your eyes peeled for a Supratek Syrah. I picked one up for $2500 on the nose and couldn't be happier. A great sounding tubed preamp with a fantastic phono stage to boot. On top of all the it's a piece of audio sculpture as well.
thanks, I will keep it in mind and do little research on it. Did you ever compare this to Pass preamp? Just wonder...Take care
If I had this much, I would seek out a VTL 5.5 with a phono stage. When I had separates, I really liked my VTL 2.5, so it was a natural thing to go up the upgrade path.

My other choice would be a Cary Slp w/ phono. I don't know why, but I've always liked the "Cary Sound."

However, I would also look for a Syrah as well (even though I have never heard one; there is quite a buzz around it, to be sure).

Overall, having $2,500 to spend on a preamp is a nice situation. I'm sure you'll have a great time with any of these choices!

John
You should also consider the deHavilland UltraVerve. It did wonders for my system. And retails for $2,495 new. Many great reviews to check out regarding it also. Good luck.

Cheers