Best streamer/DAC for up to $1500

I almost bought the Qutest. Even though it is still in my shortlist, I am thinking maybe I should go for the integrated solution of a streamar/DAC combo. My budget is no more than about $1500 MAX. MQA is not absolutely necessary. XLR outputs are preferable.

I am deciding towards a Cambridge CXN V2, unless someone here suggests an alternative.

Sound quality is obviously the most important criteria but right up there is also reliability too (at least 6+ years of trouble free reliable operation).

Any experiences ?

Thanks in advance.

128x128cakyol

May not be your jam, but Shenzhenaudio just now emailed DENAFRIPS HERMES USB Digital Interface Premium Digital To Digital Converter 768KHz DSD512 Flagship HiFi DDC for $1499.00. 

Coveats for Musician Pegasus given by a reviewer are noted here FYI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH0MY044X8Q&t=180s

Schiit had a pretty solid Dac line starting from $199 Modius. SS is wide with decent depth and good image. I also find it really rounds the edges well and give non-fatiguing sound that I could listen for hours. Reviewers find it competing well with the highly raved $699 Bifrost 2.  Then if you desire something even better, consider $1,299 Gungnir.

A unit that doesn't get much talk but looks interesting is the Atoll MS-120 (no XLR). I was looking into this but decided on the Gold Note DS-10 plus because of the XLR balanced outputs.

So many options here it is confusing but get separate streamer and dac for upgrade potential future options, choice, and altenratives.

A Bluesound with updated power supply and a Topping D90 sounds good to me.  The Raspberry Pi 4 gets good comments.  An R2R DAC  would be a substitute and different sound.  Denafrips etc.