Best speakers for a small room? 10'X14'

Greetings all! I need some advice. I just moved my system into a "dedicated" listening room. Only problem is that it's definitely on the small side 10'X14'). I'm thinking about selling my Hales Concept 2's and finding something that's more appropriate for this small room.

It's unlikely that I'll be able to spend much (if any) more than what I'll get for the Hales (~$1,000?). So what's a good speaker (doesn't matter if it's a floorstander, monitor, planar) for this sized room? I'm afraid of buying anything that's ported (especially rear). What are your thoughts??

BTW - I have plenty of power (Classe DR-9), so I can drive just about anything.

Thanks for your help!
danheather
The Maggies won't work. Period. Try the Coincident Triumph UHS. $1200 and you're in. I've owned many pairs of speakers to include several highend British brands and I've fallen in love with Coincident. Unknown giant killer.
Thanks everybody. There are some great suggestions so far, some of which I'm familiar with and others that I've been researching as you recommend them.

I've always had a fondness for the Spica's and have often thought about buying them just because they can be had so inexpensively. Unfortunately, I just missed out on an auction for a pair of TC-60s (I'm guessing they're as good if not better than the 50s although I've heard conflicting views on this.)

I'm very intrigued by the Totems and have been researching them today. I have heard the Model 1 and liked them very much. I think I've ruled out the Maggies by virtue of the fact that they're so placement sensitive that I'm not sure I want to hassle with them. I don't think there'll be enough room to get them away from the wall since I have to place the speakers on the longer wall.

The other two speakers that I'm researching/considering are several Thiels (.5, 1.5 and 2.2 or 22 - thanks bose). I've heard the .5 and 1.5 and prefer the 1.5 although the .5's seem to disappear a little better. I've heard the 2.3's which are out of my price range, but have not heard the 22's. I know that they're a three-way and wonder if they might be a bit much for the room size. Finally, I've been trying to gather more information about the Audio Physic Step. I've never heard any of the AP line but am impressed by the favorable press. Anyone have experience with these? I see that they're very inefficient, but that shouldn't be a problem considering the room size and the amount of power that I have at my disposal.

Keep the suggestions coming! Maybe this small room isn't such a bad thing afterall. I'll keep you posted.
Save a little more money and check out the Gershman Acoustics
Cameleon speaker - they retail for 1699 a pair - go down to 28HZ and look great. Go to Soundvideo.com and call Steve - he may be able to help you on the price or trade. You will not be sorry.
I have a similar problem in that my listening room will be around 10x13 (in the basement).

I have been looking at building (it looks easy) the North Creek Akora II (www.northcreek.com) which is specifically designed to be positioned relatively close to the wall. I have to admit that I haven't heard it, but the drive units are great in other applications and the filter looks like real serious business. You can buy the cabinet if you don't feel like making it yourself and still stay below budget.