Best sounding "budget" integrated amp for Vandersteen 2C.

Looking for the best sounding "budget" integrated amp for use with an Vandersteen 2C (1980’s version) speakers. CD source alternates between a Sony PS1 and Cal Audio Icon II Power Boss. Budget is roughly $300, maybe up to $400. I’ve been thinking something from NAD, but with all the different models out there, I have no idea which models are the best sounding--regardless of power. It will also need to have a phono stage. I’d like to have a remote too, but it’s not a deal breaker. My system is in a second bedroom, so even though I like to crank every once in a while, most of the time I'm listening at reasonable levels. My listening tastes consists of stuff like Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Tangerine Dream, etc.
jsbach1685
Find a used or factory refurbished Yamaha A-S501. It’s 90% as good as some $3K integrateds I’ve used. It’s no cheap, garbage switching-amp like many in this price range. Nope, over 20lbs of tried and true bipolar, class AB power.

Might be cheaper to find a closeout R-S700 or R-S500. They have built-in tuners but robust and extremely low-noise power. Rated at 100 and 75 RMS watts/Ch respectively - both channels driven. Independent measurements have verified that they actually produce that or greater power for the entire bandwidth.
If you can find one, I’d suggest an Acurus DIA 100mk2 of even the original DIA 100. It’s an amazing sounding amp for those on a very limited budget.
Onkyo A-9050 delivers 75 watt/channel, has a 4 Ohm selector that limits the output into 4 Ohm to 65 watt/channel. I’m using it to drive a Magnepan MMGi 4Ohm speaker plays loud and sounds great and barely warm to the touch. you can find it online fro less than $400.
Something that awakes them from their soporific daze. Forget anything remotely laid back.