best preamp under 4000 to match 4b sst

Ok, i have just bought a Bryston 4b sst after getting a good deal at my dealer. I had started a thread earlier this week and i was told to get my amp first. So thats what i did. So now im looking for a great preamp to match up My 4b sst. I was suggest a simaudio p5.3. Any other suggestions?
maverick_spd
I agree with Tvad's list of good preamps. For your budget I would absolutely include relatively inexpensive Joule-Electra MkII - most important, it has remote (kidding, it has remote but its not the most important). Increadible "right", natural, truthfull to real music unit. It has received Golden Ear Award from Harry Pearson of TAS last year and for goooood reason. Plus, one of the most reliable audio equipment there is (e.g.tube life time is more then 5 years !)

Call Joule-Electra may be they have some demo or "B" stock (with their finish, their "B" stock is equal to triple A of somebody else) or they will refer you to some really good dealer - if there is such thing ;--)
All The Best
Rafael
Parasounf JC 2, and tun them balanced. If yourt source is not balanced, time to upgrade. Raysonic 168, 228, 238 are balanced designs. My 168 is now for sale, as I replaced it with the 228. Have a max budget for CD of <$2,000, I'm your man. FYI, the variable tube output stage is so good, I sold a %3K preamp
A Premium modded Counterpoint is a great match with Bryston amps in case you come across a deal on older one....options are a good thing as usual here....
Post removed