Best Loudspeakers for Rich Timbre?

I realise that the music industry seems to care less and less about timbre, see
https://youtu.be/oVME_l4IwII

But for me, without timbre music reproduction can be compared to food which lacks flavour or a modern movie with washed out colours. Occasionally interesting, but rarely engaging.

So my question is, what are your loudspeaker candidates if you are looking for a 'Technicolor' sound?

I know many use tube amps solely for this aim, but perhaps they are a subject deserving an entirely separate discussion.
cd318
There are several things about the Magnepan x.7 series that supersede all the dogma about previous maggies--grainy, lack of low level detail, hard to drive, etc
That describes just a few of the reasons I unloaded my 1.7is, however, I'll admit they're one of the best at their price point.
Hello everyone! First post here.
 It is very important that a speaker not add its own timbre to the recording we happen to be listening to.  All too often we run into romantic sounding systems where all recordings seem to have a common denominator or character - the timbre of the speaker itself. In high end, it costs a lot of money to suppress a speaker's timbre (is it ever eliminated?). IMO it is far cheaper to design a timbre that is people pleasing than to neutralize added timbre. Some designs subtract or mask recorded timbre, and some sources benefit from adding harmonics somewhere in the stereo system chain, but here the OP is focusing on speakers.  I agree with the OP's initial assumption that loudspeakers, on a weighted scale, have more to do with system sound than electronics, sources, and wires.
@ nakdoc, Hi! Yes it's fair to say that all speakers must either be adding or subtracting to timbre (assuming a completely neutral speaker doesn't exist).

So far we have many recommendations and suggestions for the all of the following:

Devore Fidelity 0/96 and /93 (5)
Sonus Faber (5)
+Franco Serblin's Ktema or Accordo
Audio Note (4)
Daedalus Audio (4) the entire line solid wood speakers and very natural and engaging
Big Tannoys (4)
BBC designs eg Harbeth Spendor Graham (4)
Vienna Acoustics (3)
ProAc (3)
Legacy Audio Aeris (2)
Legacy Audio Focus SE
Joseph Audio speakers (2) very accurate but with a particularly grain/haze-free sound. Just the way colorful pebbles are more richly revealed through a clean, clear stream than through one full of fine silt, I find the timbral colors of voices and instruments seem more finely and purely revealed from the JA speakers - a greater "rainbow" of timbres and tonal colors seem to get through. 

and mentions for the following:
KEF reference, KEF Blades
Diapasón,
Ohm Walsh
Focal Sopra 2
Amphion
Gold Note
Wilson Benesch
Thiel Audio
Triangle Magellan,
JM Reynaud
Ilumnia Magister
Audio Physic Libras
Meadowlark Audio
Wilson Alexandrias
Magnepan x.7
Klipschorns
Tonian Labs
Totem Acoustic Element Metal
Vandersteen 3A Sigs with 2wq subwoofers

I am a little surprised to see Wilson get so little mention.

Anyway, what does all this tell us? I suppose the old adage still holds true, you have to get out there and listen to as many designs as you can if you are serious about finding satisfaction.

It also can't be a coincidence that piano music was mentioned quite a few times as well. Perhaps no other instrument has such a wide range of contrasting timbres on offer. Think its time to give the old Ashkenazy disc a spin.

The problem is, unless you are very lucky, it's virtually impossible to listen to half of them with any degree of ease. I'd love to give the Joseph Audio speakers a listen, the design sounds (ouch!) interesting. I'd also love to hear some Klipschorns and Sonus Faber models at least once, how could any audiophile not? What about Daedalus Audio?

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I'm sure each of the above suggestions will all have plenty to offer. We just have to get out there and listen.

Failing that, do our research and take a calculated risk. Good luck to everyone.