Best loudspeaker with coincident/coaxial driver

I am looking to purchase preferentially a floor-standing loudspeaker with coincident tweeter - midrange for my smaller 14 x 13 ft listening room.
I believe this will enhance coherence and musicality over my Revel Ultima Studio 2, which are indeed quite detailed but don't sound as coherent as I would like in my room. I use VAC preamplification and a Clayton Audio S2000 amplifier.
Thinking about KEF Blade 2, Thiel 3.7, TAD Evolution One and Tannoy DC10A. (Not cheap but perhaps a final loudspeaker?)
Thanks in advance for your comments and reccommendations!
audiobrian

Showing 5 responses by zd542

Nothing is more coherent than a Vandersteen, But you need the right electronics and setup.
Thiel himself died, and whoever is running the company now is moving away from the type of designs they built the company on. That said, Thiel is not for everyone. Not everyone can take all of those metal drivers. It's a good recommendation though. Thiel is a very coherent speaker.
"Zd542, thanks, Vandersteens are wonderful loudspeakers and indeed very coherent, but in a small room with nearfield listening, IMHO a coincident design may make for better driver integration and ease of placement."

I don't see a problem going with a pair of Model 1's or 2's, but if you must have something smaller, look at a pair of ProAc Future 1 or .5's. They work very well in a small room. I'm from NYC so we have a lot of experience with small rooms. As far as coherence goes, the ProAc's aren't quite as good as the Vandersteens, but they are better than my Wilsons, JM Labs, Audio Physic and B&W's of similar price and design. They do a perfect job of blending the ribbon tweeter in with the rest of the drivers.
"09-30-15: Mapman
The only thing alone that has a good chance of assuring anything is a large number of very happy users."

That's exactly what my aunt says when she takes these little blue pills she's always popping. Her dog likes them too.
I just remembered that I used to have a pair of KEF speakers that had the tweeter in the center of the driver. Honestly, they were just OK. They were no more coherent than any other well designed speaker I've heard.