Best Integrated Amp for Linn Tukans

Second system consisting of a Marantz CC4000ose CD changer, a pair of Tukans, and looking for the best integrated to drive it. In this case, SS or hybrid preferred, remote appreciated but not required (CDP has digital volume control for temporary volume reductions). Looking for good body and warmth in midrange but without losing "presence" and "immediacy". Well, or course I want everything, a good bottom end (to the extent the Tukans will allow), smooth high end, enough power, etc. Trying to suit two sonic tastes (mine and my girlfriends). Want to spend anywhere between $600 and $1000 used. Thanks for your input.
peter_s
Eldragon, do you know if the Majik can be used with the active crossovers for the Tukans? That would be a big benny! Also, why is the power delivery 2x when paired with the Tukans?
Dear Peter S,

The Majik is rated @33 wpc into 8 ohm and 66 wpc into 4 ohm. The Tukans, along with most of the LINN line are 4 ohm load speakers.

GO AKTIV!!! (which can only be done with Linn to Linn)

If you go AKTIV, be sure to use LINN K400 speaker wire. It is the perfect match.

Dan
dedicatedaudio.com
Sorry for the delayed response.

Yes, I found the Nait III to be bold and dynamic driving the Tukans, the volume knob was around "11:00" and it was moderately loud (but not obnoxious). This was about eight years ago, but I remember we were listening to Joni Mitchell (either Mingus or another similar one that had Jaco on bass) Mitchell's voice was clear and distinct, Jaco's fretless bass was "gruff" and agressive, as it should be. I would go with what sounds right. Watts is kind of just a number.

As for the connectors, I can't remember. We were using an LP12, Naim aro, Arkiv cartridge, so I wasn't paying much attention to the line level inputs.

At the time I owned a Creek 4140s2 integrated and we tried that with the Tukans....very good but the Nait III was more captivating with the Tukans.

I would try the Majik, Nait III, or Puccini first simply because they were suggested based on first-hand listening.

Best of luck