Best Audiophile desktop for under $2500?

My DELL Precision T7610 is crapping out on me.  I was very happy with it and the synergy with my Modwright OPPO205 and sysytem was great. It has trouble playing WASAPI 768khz on the latest JRiver and ROON. Any suggestions on a store or used bought desktop that is Audiophile worthy? I work everyday and dont have time to build one. Thanks in advance!

deanshias

Showing 1 response by glennewdick

If the Op wants to stick with a PC then I'd suggest a small form PC that has no fan and an external power supply. I used an optimized for streaming Asus vivo that proved to be better than a $7K streamer.

The small form fanless PC's remove the power supply from the housing. This helps with that noisy power supply and gives you options to improve the power supply. Optimizing the PC for music streaming is also advisable.  I used the Optical out but most modern DAC's have good galvanic isolation for USB now so that's not an issue anymore.

This is the thing most good DAC's have good isolation / correction of data streams etc. and I'm finding streamers to be less critical as DAC's improve. 

I've done the Optimized PC - Roon Nucleus - Aurender A10 - Chord 2go/2YU (current, I have a chord DAC) and potentially going back to an Optimizes PC. granted I have a monitor/TV in the same room and a wireless keyboard with a track pad so that makes things easier. 

To me the DAC is far more important now then the streamer attached.