Best amp for N803 +htm1? ?

I'm upgrading my HT system, selling CDM9NT/CDMCNT combo for N803/HTM1 combo. Have existing side surrounds but will eventually upgrade to DS7's (DS8 too big). However, I will also be using this system for critical 2 channel music, and I don't think my Pioneer vsx49tx HT rcvr is going to get the best out of these spkrs, although rated at 130wpc @ 8ohms into 7 channels running (not 2 chnl rating, so it's got 7 chnl juice). So the question is, using the pioneer pre outs, whats the best 2 chnl amp to match with these 803's, and should I consider a 3 chnl amp to include the HTM1?
A few other points: I may have an audio cabinet size/height constraint, so i will probably need a slightly low profile chassis (depth/width no problem). I need to move DVD/CD player on top of the pioneer rcvr (is that BAD? Doesn't run too hot, and probably much less so with outboard amp for front 2 or 3 chnls, but will heat from rcvr affect dvd/cd player?). If I do this, I gain a shelf with 6-7 inches (open front/back for ventilation).

So, in short, best 2-3 channel amp at no higher than 6-6.5inches high for N803/HTM1. Can be used if better value exists, as it usually does.
Thanks for your help
jeffkad
I used a Parasound HCA-2205A that I currently have for sale, and it drove mine beautifully.
The 803's and the HTM1 are here!!! Sounds great, but I know I can do better. Jylee, I can't agree with that assessment. The 803's blow away the cdm9nt, and I don't think any amount of front end or amp upgrade can make as much difference as speaker upgrade. But, as Dennis Miller says, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong. I am now researching and have thrown integrated amps into the game. I am leaning towards McIntosh and possibly Cayin, although I like what I've heard about Plinius and EAR. Levinson stuff has had some great press, but also mixed consumer reviews relative to other stuff in same cost range.
IMHO the area that needed an upgrade was the front end and amplification. CDM series is a very nice speaker. I own Nautilus 804 / HTM 2 myself. Nautilus is better looking and sounding than CDM, but I would have spent the money on the front end, pre/pro and amplification still.

Anyways, for 3k used I would buy Pass Labs X series, possibly X3 and X150. Move up to X.5 series if the budget allows.
I just revised in order to put cap on $. Looking for best amp (preferrably low profile) under 3k used or new.
I have Nautilus 802's and I think they go really well with Mark Levinson. I have been using a no. 335 with mine for about 6 years. I'' be selling my no. 335 before too long as I'm going to upgrade my entire system.